Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reed Valley Orchard - Paris, Kentucky

Today the boys and I went to Reed Valley Orchard in Paris, Kentucky to pick blackberries with our friends. We had such a great time. With our blackberries, I baked a wonderful cobbler and froze the rest for smoothies.


Our goodies from the Orchard. We picked the blackberries and purchased the rest. The peaches were a "Flat Yummy" peach and yes, they were very yummy! The blueberry butter is so wonderful. I bought some bread and butter pickles for my mom, but after opening them kept them for myself. She didn't mind.


Going up the hill to pick blackberries. Hayden is in the back of the wagon wearing the #27 shirt.

Getting ready to pick some blackberries.

From watching "Special Agent OSO" on the Disney Channel, Hayden knew to "twist and pull."

Look at all the blackberries he picked himself.

Conor was such a good sport.

My big boy!
The boys sitting on the porch in rocking chairs telling a story. Each child went around and added a little bit to a story. It was very cute.

I picked a good apple.
Apple of Mom's eye.
The whole gang! One girl in the whole bunch.

No comments: