Saturday, May 31, 2008

Birthday

Today is my 33rd Birthday. After a certain age your birthday begins to feel like any other day. As you get older your "gifts" tend to change. My gifts are Trever and Hayden. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband and beautiful little boy. I thank the Lord each day for them.

My first present of the day, my son allowed his mom to sleep in. Usually Hayden wakes up around 6:15 a.m. and I usually do not get him out of his bed until 7:00 a.m. This morning I heard him around 5:45 a.m. and I am assuming he went back to sleep because I didn't hear him again until 7:30 a.m. He sat and played quietly in his bed until 8:00 a.m. Great start to mom's birthday. Trever cooked us all blueberry pancakes and fixed hot chocolate.

Time for the presents. Hayden got mom a great pair of Teva sandals and Trever got me a pair of North Face hiking pants that unzip to shorts. So far it has been a great birthday.

Tonight Trever and I are having our first date night since Christmas. A lady that Trever works with is going to watch Hayden for a couple of hours. She has two adorable kids so I know Hayden will have a blast at her house. I think we are going to the movies. We haven't been to the movies since December.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who have sent cards and birthday wishes. We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week on our trip back home to Kentucky.

No comments: