Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hayden's Pre-Birthday Party

I decided to give Hayden a "Go Diego Go" birthday party on our visit back home to Kentucky since he will not get to see his family and friends on his birthday on June 29th. We had about 9 kids and 19 adults. I love throwing theme parties for Hayden. I always seem to do too much, but it is so worth it.

We were nervous at first because for the first two days of our visit our air conditioner was completely out on our house. It was so hot and humid in Kentucky. I think it was in the low to mid 90s everyday and then the humidity on top of that. Luckily they came and replaced the unit before Saturday.

This is our house. I miss our house. We only lived in it a year before moving to California. My brother-in-law was the builder. His homes are always so beautiful. Luckily the air conditioning unit was still covered under warranty.



I had a slip-n-slide and bounce castle in the backyard for the kids to enjoy during the party. They all had a blast.


Hayden sneaking some cake icing.


Since Diego rescues animals I had ordered animal visors for all of the kids to wear. They all looked too cute in them. I also had balloons and goody bags for each child to take home with them.

My niece Reagan enjoying her cupcake.


Hayden enjoying his birthday cake. He also loved his personalized Diego t-shirt. It says, "I am 2" and then it has Diego in the corner with "Hayden" under it.


He received so many great presents. We tried to take as many as we could back to California with us.


Hayden and Reagan sitting on his new University of Kentucky beanbag chair.


I had wall hangings of Diego and friends for the kids to take their pictures in front of. My nephew, Jack, was striking a pose just like Diego.


This was the bounce castle that I got for Hayden to use at his party. I got it from Wal-Mart for less than $40. Luckily his play room (it was originally our formal study) is large enough to fit this giant bounce castle. Once we finish our basement all of his toys will move to his new play room in the basement.


No comments: