Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lost but Not Forgotten

While camping this weekend in Mendocino, I lost Trever's wedding band. He was preparing chicken and didn't want to get it all gross so he asked me to take it off of his finger. I put it in my jacket pocket and zipped it up. Well, out of sight out of mind. I was busy taking photos and was pulling and putting my camera in and out of the same pocket. I have completely beat myself up over this and couldn't feel worse. We looked for hours, but could never find it. We even rented a metal detector to try and locate the ring. We found everything but his wedding band. I feel like I have left a piece of my marriage forever in Mendocino.

Trying to make light of the situation.

1 comment:

KYnurse said...

Oh Ronda that just breaks my heart. I feel so bad for you. At least the love you have can still hold you close.