Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gilroy Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA

Today we went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA. Trever and I have watched the famous Garlic Cook Off on the Food Network so I was excited that the festival was being held during our stay in California.

There were SO many people there. It was crazy! We had a beautiful day, but the weather was so HOT! I was sweating in places that God didn't intend for me to sweat. Because of the heat I wasn't hungry, just thirsty. By mid afternoon I was feeling so weak and sick because I hadn't eaten anything but about five nachos.

We tried the free garlic ice cream. They can keep it! I almost gagged. Poor Hayden licked it and then went, "Yuck." Who can blame him? Trever ate his and some garlic stuffed mushrooms. I think he has garlic coming out of his pores now. Just standing next to him will ward off any vampires.

This is where they held the Garlic Showdown!


Hayden didn't really care for the car ride because it would go up and down really fast. I think it scared him a bit. He LOVED the teacup ride. He wanted me to spin it really fast and I wanted to throw up!!


Dad putting his Home Depot apron on. They even put his name on it. It was too cute!


Hayden playing with his new castle box that he and Trever built at the Home Depot Workshop. He received a certificate and a pin for completing his project.


Our mug says, "2008 Gilroy Garlic Festival 30th Anniversary"


Braiding my garlic.


Trever and Miss Gilroy Garlic Festival 2008 Queen







Working hard at the Home Depot Workshop.

2 comments:

Raegan said...

i love garlic ... and i love ice cream ... but GARLIC ICE CREAM ... YIKES! looks like you had fun though ... and great pictures of you and Hayden below.

KYnurse said...

Really? A garlic festival queen? That looked like so much fun though. I really loved the teacup ride--he wanted to spin faster and you wanting to throw up. How funny is that?