Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thank Goodness they are Washable Crayons!

You would think I would have learned my lesson with regards to color time with Hayden.

Today I bought him a brand new Truck coloring book. He loves trucks, cars, and trains. I thought it would be okay if I allowed him to sit at his table in the kitchen and color while I sat on the couch. I heard a scratching noise behind me and didn't hear him at his table.

I get up and he immediately drops to the floor. I see two perfect "ines" drawn on the back of the couch with his black crayon. He was not happy
that I made him clean the back of the couch himself.

After I explained to him that it was very bad to color anything other than in his coloring books I put him in timeout while I cleaned up the rest. He was just so proud of his two black "ines."

After his 2 minutes were up I bent down and gently told him that what he did was wrong and that he should never color on anything but in his coloring books. I told him that I loved him and he gave me a hug. (Yes, I try to adopt some rules from Supernanny).

As I was sitting at my computer downloading my funny pictures of him cleaning the couch I heard him on the other side of the wall. I thought he was marking all over the wall, but as I looked around the corner he had put his Little People guy in timeout. He was telling him something and then walked away. I couldn't help but laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is precious. That was so cute with the placement of the "Little people person". Wouldn't you love to know what he said to him? Love the posts.
Grandma

Raegan said...

Hayden is so cute! I can't believe how big he has gotten and how cute it is that he put his little toy in time out ... hehe ... that's really funny! And it looks like you are having a great summer! I've been so busy I'm just now getting caught up on your blog.

Raegan