Saturday, September 6, 2008

4.0

Last night at 9:00 p.m. we experienced another earthquake. Luckily, this one was only a 4.0. Originally it was reported as a 4.2, but downgraded to a 4.0. The epicenter was just 19 miles north of Pleasanton. The news called this earthquake a light or shallow one because it happened 10 miles underground.

I know most people here in California are use to them, but I will never get use to that feeling. Trever and I were in bed watching a movie and felt a slow rumble and then BOOM followed by a small rumble. I would say it last about 8 seconds. Hayden slept right through it. At least living in Kentucky you have a storm that my trigger your senses that a tornado is near or coming, but you have no warning or sense that an earthquake is going to happen.

The news keeps talking that this is just the beginning before the "big one" hits. Please let me get back home to Kentucky before the "big one" does hit.

No comments: