Sunday, September 28, 2008

Goodbye Pleasanton

Well the movers come tomorrow and we fly home to Kentucky on Tuesday. I can't believe this day has finally come. It is bittersweet, but I am extremely excited about moving back home.

As this is my last entry from California, I decided to take a quick break from packing, cleaning, and giving Hayden a bath to blog about some things that I am going to miss about the San Francisco Bay Area.

1. The Weather. It is so beautiful out here. Perfect weather. Warm and nice during the day, but cool of the evenings.
2. The Foothills. Where we live, Pleasanton, runs along the foothills. Just rolling foothills or mountains for miles. The coolest part is when the cool air comes rolling over the hills from the bay in the evening.
3. Downtown Pleasanton. It has such a small town feel to it. Everyone is so friendly and it was so nice to just sit out on the patio on Main Street and people watch. We also enjoyed every festival downtown. Our favorite parade would have to be the Christmas parade. It reminded me of what a small town Christmas parade should be. Floats, bands, children and Santa.
4. Just the bay area in general. It is so beautiful out here and there is just so much to do. We have been hiking in Yosemite, snow skiing in Tahoe, and a drive down the coast to Pebble Beach. I could go on and on, and it will take me forever to organize all of my photos.
5. The most important thing that I will miss are the women from my Play Group. Each of them have been such a blessing for me. My life is forever better for having known them. They will definitely be my friends for life.

Trever and I have met so many people who will be dear friends forever. We are so fortunate and blessed to have had this opportunity. We are truly thankful.

Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts as we travel home. Thank you for sharing each moment of our life here in California. I hope you will continue to follow us as enjoy life home in Kentucky.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

hopefully everything will go smoothly. I know moving can he crazy, so again... hopefully everything will be smooooooth :)

KYnurse said...

I have thought about you all day, knowing you'll be traveling tomorrow. I pray that all goes well and Hayden doesn't get too grumpy during the trip. Best of luck and I'll see you soon. Hope Trevor's news about his job is that he doesn't have to return to California any time too soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I have gotten to see your journey to CA- I know you will miss it, it is BEAUTIFUL there!!! I cannot wait till you are closer and we can hangout more often! See you soon!