Wednesday, October 1, 2008

AAAHHHH - HOME

We made it home to Kentucky. It is such a beautiful fall day here. Like high of 65. Our flights went real smoothly yesterday. We flew from San Francisco to Atlanta and then to Lexington. On the flight from San Fran to Atlanta we had the three seats in the middle of the plane. It was so great. Hayden rode in his car seat so Trever and I were able to actually catch a little sleep while he was strapped in watching Nick Jr. on the little TV in the headrest in front of him. It was perfect. Why we never did that before, I don't know! Oh I know, my husband hated paying for the extra ticket. Well now that he is 2 he has to have his own seat. I enjoyed having an aisle seat for a change. Usually, I am stuck in the middle or up next to a window trying to hold onto Hayden.

One thing that was really scary at the San Fran airport. Trever totally forgot to declare his pistol when we checked in our luggage. We were at our gate and he was like, oh I forgot to declare my gun. I told him that if it was a problem they would call him. Sure enough, "Trever White please come to Security." He takes off running. When he finally comes back he was like, "They were going to take me to jail." I was like, "WHAT?!?!?!" They read him the riot act. The only thing that saved him was the pink checked tag on the gun when we first flew out to San Francisco. He had never opened the case. I would have KILLED him if he would have been hauled off to jail.

Last night we had dinner over at my sister's house. My mother cooked her lasagna. Nothing is like your mom's lasagna. It was all so good. They were all so excited to see us. My mom and dad picked us up at the airport.

Today was waiting on the cable people and running other errands. Trever put my laptop on the counter and was like, "You are up and running." I was so excited!! Just a day without e-mail almost kills me. I love being in touch with everyone. We also drove to Toyota to get Trever's new vehicle. As a manager, he gets a new vehicle every year. He opted for the new Sequoia. It is white and beautiful! I can't wait to put some magnetic UK cat paws on there for tailgating.

It feels great to be home. I have missed everyone so much. I have also missed our new house. We just built it and lived in it only a year before moving out west. All of the toys here are like brand new to Hayden. He just runs around so excited. All yesterday he was like, "Hayden's house." When we were at the airport and he surprised us by saying, "Bye Bye Hayden's House." The little man is too cute!

Luckily Trever is off of work until October 13th. Unfortunately, our movers will not be here with our stuff until October 10th, at the latest. I am praying for an early delivery.

Thank you guys so much for all of your prayers and well wishes. I truly appreciate it. Talk to everyone soon.

1 comment:

KYnurse said...

Glad that you made it safely home. And no, there's nothing like mom's cooking. My parents are coming in on Friday for Alex's birthday. I can hardly wait to have some down home southern cooking.!!!