Friday, December 12, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Anyone who knows me knows that my favorite time of the year is Christmas. I just love the true meaning of Christmas and the magic that is shows. I love decorating early, so my tree and indoor decorations are always up a week or two before Thanksgiving. The outside decorations go up the weekend of Thanksgiving. Next year this tree will be in the front room since we will have a new family tree in the new basement.


I complain every year that I am going to get a pre lit Christmas tree. But I just love the way the lights look on my tree. I have nine strands of lights on my tree. That equals 900 bulbs.

I use to do a ribbon at the top of my tree, but I switched it up a couple of years ago. I now put poinsettia flowers and frosted berries.


Hayden's favorite ornament on "Momma's Tree."

These are my hand painted and hand sewn Santa's. I have had these for years and I just love them. Their faces are so pure and life like.


I have got to get a print for our fireplace. I just haven't found one that yells "BUY ME!"

This is Hayden's little tree. It was in his room for the longest time until one afternoon all of the ornaments were off of the tree. Now it is in the bonus room facing the street.

The tree is decorated with Hallmark ornaments and a few other fun ornaments. I use to work at Hallmark many years ago. I think the oldest one I have is from 1992.

This is our new Hallmark ornament for this year. This is Hayden's favorite ornament and I swear he would sleep with it if I let him. He LOVES Buzz Lightyear.
To view other beautiful Christmas trees visit "O Share Your Christmas Tree" at We Are That Family".

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a lovely tree and Christmas decor you have! Thanks for being a part of this fun day!

Nancy M. said...

Beautiful trees and decorations!