Thursday, February 28, 2008

Little Wonders

Being a mother means so much to me. More than I could have ever dreamed. I am so thankful for having the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. I am thankful for those moments I have with Hayden that I cannot even put into words.

Hayden loves books. He will climb up in the chair in his bedroom and just flip through his books. I joined a children's book club so that I can get him books throughout the year that will grow with him. This week Trever has been working so hard that he has been getting home from work pretty late. He makes it home just in time to read Hayden a book and to put him to bed. I was doing laundry and I could hear Trever reading to him from "Oh David" and Hayden was just laughing at everything he was saying. I just stood outside of his bedroom door just listening and smiling at my son just laughing with this deep belly laugh at everything his daddy was saying. Those are the moments that I cherish. Those are the moments that make me so proud to be a wife and a mother.

When Hayden drinks his milk either first thing in the morning or just before bed, he pulls at his hair. The child's hair is so wild because of this. Some of it is straight and the other parts are curly. I am constantly trying to brush it to make it look half way decent. Anyway, he now wants me to sit with him on the couch so that he can run his fingers through my hair as he drinks his milk. He wants me to lay down in his lap so that he can do this. How can I not? Again it is moments like this that make me love him more than I could possibly love anyone.

I have always heard that a mother's love is unconditional and I now know what they mean. I love being in the club of mothers and I love having a little boy to cherish for the rest of his life.

1 comment:

KYnurse said...

Oh how those moments are cherished. There's nothing better than cuddling with your son and reading or watching a cool cartoon. What I really love is when Ryan crawls in my lap when I'm holding Alex and says, " momma you have two sweet boys" I just hug and kiss them so tight. I know these moments won't last forever.