Sunday, February 3, 2008

Living in Pleasanton, CA

I have never written a blog. I wanted to share with everyone photos and the interesting things that happen to us while living in California. This will also help me with my scrapbook of our year in California. I hope you enjoy it.

Pleasanton, California is a really beautiful city. I enjoy living next to the foothills and downtown. Sometimes when I am driving I get this feeling that I am home and just doing my normal everyday routine. Then I smile and realize that I am actually thousands of miles away from Kentucky. I do miss my family and friends. I miss seeing my nephew, Jack, and my niece, Reagan. Hayden loves them. My sister is my best friend. I remember the night before we moved out here. We ate dinner at their house and when leaving I couldn't even look at her. I was trying so hard not to cry. Leaving the airport and saying goodbye to my mom and dad was just as hard. I remember sitting on the runway and thinking, I am not going on a trip. I am actually moving. It was a very emotional day. I get teary eyed just thinking about it now. I have never lived outside of Lexington, KY so it was quite hard on me in the beginning. I have a very close and wonderful relationship with my family. It is getting easier with time. Although I miss everyone back in Kentucky I am so thankful for this opportunity. We have gotten to see so much while living out here. We go hiking a lot. The mountains are simply beautiful. We want to experience so much and we are loving that we can do that as a family. Hayden is getting exposed to so many wonderful adventures.

Sunday is the Super Bowl. I am not sure who I want to win. The Patriots have not lost a single game all season, but our homeboy, Jared Lorenzen, plays for the Giants. Hayden's little football jersey has Jared's UK number on it. We are looking forward to having Jason Ballard over on Sunday. He is flying in tomorrow to work at the NUMMI plant for the next couple of days. It would have been great if Vanessa was able to come out with him. Maybe next time.

Next weekend, February 8th, we are going up to Mt. Shasta to go skiing. I can't wait. It is also Trever's birthday on the 8th. We haven't seen snow, well up close, since we lived in Kentucky. Driving down the road you can see the white caps on the mountains. We are staying in Trever's boss' cabin with his family. I hope they don't mind a 19 month old running around. Hayden loves their son, Diego. He is 9 years old. I can't wait to see Hayden in his snow bibs, boots, jacket and hat. I hope he has a good time.

Later this month, February 17th, we are going to Las Vegas for five days. Trever is attending a conference. We are staying at the Bellagio. I guess the Bellagio won the lucky ticket of having a 19 month old running around. Trever will have to watch Hayden one night while I go and play the slots. Trust me, it won't take long. I am never that lucky.

Well it is 8:20 p.m. here so I need to go so that I can get my little man in bed. Talk to everyone later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Can I just live vicariously through you? You sound like you're having so much fun! I'm jealous.

By the way; Heidi's birthday is the 9th...guess a lot of "the good ones" come from February, huh? I can't believe she'll be one!!!!! We're having a small party for her and I wish you all were here :( We're doing a "Time Capsule" theme in lieu of gifts...I want her to open it on her 18h birthday.

Dorothy said...

...the "anonymous" was me....haven't used this before so I'm still trying to learn...