Friday, February 29, 2008

OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

Tonight Hayden and I went to the grocery store to grab something quick for dinner. The store has the type of carts that have the smaller sides so that the cashier can pull it up over the counter. Hayden fights me constantly on trying to strap him into the cart so I have started to put him in the back with the food. Well I turned my back for one minute, and as we all know it only takes a minute, and he flipped backwards out of the cart. He fell first on his bottom/back and then hit his head on the tile floor. Roughly he fell three feet. I tried to grab him in time, but couldn't get to him quick enough. This has never happened to him and I knew that he would probably be okay, but I wanted to take him to the ER to just get checked out.

Poor little guy cried so hard and was saying OOOOOWWWWW all the way there. He wanted to hold my hand so here I was trying to drive with one hand and holding my baby's hand with the other.

I still feel so horrible. I know this will not be his first big head bump, but it still breaks my heart. He now has a nice goose egg on the back of his head. I will probably have him sleep with us tonight just so I can keep an eye on him. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise.

Oh the joys of being a parent!

2 comments:

KYnurse said...

bless his heart. He'll survive with a big bruise on your heart for a while. Lots of love and Tylenol will fix anything---

Anonymous said...

Okay...we've all done it...mine happened at Sam's and then I got "the look". But, Ronda, Hayden is so like his aunt Chele and has had a bruise on his head pretty much from the time he could crawl. He'll be okay. Just wait until he shoves a packing peanut up his nose and then a black ball up...well...you know the story.

Love you.

M-